AND MOLLY TOO!!

AND MOLLY TOO!!

Thursday, October 18, 2012

It's Been A While

It's been a while since I have blogged but life has just carried on as usual albeit a little crazy.   Zack's been enjoying the last of the warm days that we have been having by rolling in the garden.....


 he moans and groans while he wiggles around



and I think he may be enjoying himself - just a little


Soon the grass will turn brown and the snow will fly so we are making the most of the weather while we can.  We have a big walk planned this coming Saturday in the coulees which will probably take the whole morning to complete.  I will try to remember my camera for our "hike".

Last Sunday, Zack and I along with his poodle buddies Paisley (Constance) and Monty(Carla) all participated in a 9km walk for the Lethbridge Humane Society.  It was lots of fun and there was a good turnout and luckily the weather wasn't too bad.   I forgot to take my camera so no pictures I am afraid.  

As Zack and I haven't participated in any classes for a while and to keep Zack from getting bored (which he gets quite easily lately and starts barking his head off at nothing I reckon) we started a new Rally class last night and it was lots of fun.  It runs for 5 weeks so should keep us busy.   I think Zack enjoyed it and he was awesome at his stationary moves.   Sit, down, stand, stay, finish, etc. etc.    I was quite proud.   We learned a new move with a "perch" a little step stool that helps to train dogs to "get in" when heeling.   He was afraid of it at first but then caught on pretty quick and stepped right up.   It is a "homework" assignment to get him to move towards you and away from you so that will be our challenge for the week.   Something new and hopefully will keep Zack focused - should be fun. 


We are trying to get ready to enter the next level of Rally Obedience, as Zack already has his Novice Title.   We shall see how we go - no time for yawning this week Zacky we have lots to do :)

3 comments:

BODIE said...

Let us know how you get on with the next stage of Rally. Thats where we're at too. Those stationary moves are something else aren't they. Pity they don't have rolling in Rally, us BTs are champs at it.

Unknown said...

Enjoy your hike this Saturday. Have a fabulous Friday.
Best wishes Molly

marley said...

Good luck wiv rally my pal. We likes to live a little through your adventures and walks...