AND MOLLY TOO!!

AND MOLLY TOO!!

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Jogging Buddy

It was one of my new year's resolutions to run a 5km race in the spring and along the way Zack could be my running buddy. I have a proper jogging leash and everything and thought it would be another great thing we can do together. However, because of this god awful weather and icy paths I have ended up at the gym doing my training. Last night I had my first (what I call) my "Biggest Loser Last Chance Workout Breakdown". I struggled for the 30 minutes running and just broke down crying - thinking all negative thoughts - I can't do it, I can't do it. If anyone knows me I am overweight and built like a brick so it is quite the challenge for me to run. My husband is great support as he runs quite a bit and when I got home last night and saw Zack's little face I just dreamt of the day when him and I can jog along together. I know Zack would run forever!!!

One of the reasons I got Zack was that being a terrier he would need lots of exercise and it would keep me moving, but I need to up my anty too. What better motivation than to have a little scruffy terrier at your feet wanting to go out and "have some fun". I just hope this weather improves so we can get out together and I can put Zack's jogging leash to work.

3 comments:

Paws on the Run said...

You should come out with Constance and I some time. We've attempted a few Saturday morning runs, but the weather is not cooperating. Maybe once it does we can all get together.

WigglyZack said...

Thanks Wendy. Zack and I are starting agility in the mornings on Saturday but could go in the afternoon or Sundays if you guys ever go then let me know.

marley said...

My typist does say you not to gib up wiv da runnin. He say me is hard to start wiv but do get better wiv time and you take it slow and do wot you can so you dussnt get discouraged cos mental battle is more impawtant than tired legs. In time it will be sumfing you do enjoy all da time. Woof