AND MOLLY TOO!!

AND MOLLY TOO!!

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

If You Don't Succeed, Try Try Again....

This time last year I tried to do a learn to run program and failed. I think it was physically hard but it was the mental stuff that was harder for me - I didn't believe in myself. Being so overweight I vowed I would never run again but a friend of mine has talked me into it. I have a goal of running a 5km race which isn't much for a runner but it is a marathon for me and somewhere to start from anyway. I found a running program called "Couch Potato to 5K" how fitting. It is a running/walk program building up your running each week. Anyways, for now I have fitted the run into Zack's daily walk.

I got my Garmin charged and started on Monday. It actually went really well. I have a special leash that goes round my waist for Zack so I can run hands free. Zack is so good he just keeps by my side or slightly in front and keeps pace with me, although I know when he breaks into a trot I am running too slow ahahaha. He is a really good running buddy he even held off going to the loo until I finished running - I am sure he knew that if I stopped during a run I wouldn't get going again LOL!! Poor boy as soon as I was on my cool down walk he did a big poop!!!

Zack is probably the fittest being in our house, he eats measured portions of food everyday, does not eat junk food and gets lots of exercise. I overeat, eat junk food and don't get enough exercise!!!!! It's funny how we do the right things for our dogs but not for ourselves. Time for change I reckon.

4 comments:

onecollie said...

good for you !!

Paws on the Run said...

Jo took the words right out of my mouth! :)

marley said...

Well done for you my pal. I kno how impawtant good execise is. Typist is runnin a lot and he kno ow ard it is but also how rewardin it can become.

I been a bit poorly this wek and I will haz to do a blog bout it so you can catch up wiv my adventures. I will try and get it done by the weekend

BODIE & GOO said...

Good on you, runnin is hard work, we has just started agiliteez and Mum cycles to work every day but even she is puffin at the runnin....