This last little while Zack has been doing quite well 90% of the time and then the other 10% he still is having mild bouts of his IBD even though he is still on his anti-inflammatories. Nothing like he had before but it is still there lurking. After speaking with Zack's vet again we are going to now put him on the same prescription treatment he got as a puppy from the Calgary specialist being Tylosin an antibiotic /anti-inflammatory for one month and his probiotics. I hope this will nip it in the bud. Zack IS better he is just having a few little hiccups along the way that's all.
These last few days I have been thinking about all the people I hear who have health problems with their dogs and those who have lost their four legged loved ones way too soon, including myself. It always seems to be the people who love and take care of their dogs the most are the ones who seem to have so many problems and the people who don't give a **it about their dogs their dogs seem to be ok. I am not a religious person but it makes me wonder if God put these animals in our lives on purpose as we are the ones who take care of them and give them a better life, the treatment they require and the love they need.
I would not want to change any of the wonderful dogs I have had so far, but hope one day in the future I will get one without any serious health issues - if that is even possible. Makes me wonder.
My name is Lisa and my husband and I share our home with White's Wiggly Zack our border terror (I mean terrier). We named him Wiggly Zack as ever since we got him at 9 weeks old he always wiggled his bum sideways and still does!!! He has another furry friend he shares our house with our cat Asia (aka fat cat). I have a passion for anything to do with animals and their welfare. I also love to paint when I get a chance.
My email address is: email@example.com
Zack is a Border Terrier. He is Grizzle & Tan in colour and is full of fun. He is such a happy little guy who loves everyone. He has such a zest for life and loves, loves, loves other dogs. From being a little terror of a puppy, Zack has grown into a wonderful dog. We can do anything with him, from stripping his coat to clipping his nails - he loves it all (weird but true)!
Zack has earned his Rally Novice A Obedience Title and has now become a Certified Pet Therapy Dog.
Member of the Border Terrier Posse
PERFECT PET PORTRAITS by Lisa White
Have your dog, cat or horse captured forever in an original acrylic or pastel painting from your clear photo. Shipping is Available. For more information email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (403) 327-6617.
Asia (aka "Fat Cat")
Asia was a rescue cat. I got her from my friend who is a vet. She is a grey tortoiseshell. I have had her for approximately 11 years and we don't know for sure how old she was when I got her. She had been abused and was very emaciated in the beginning. After a couple of months of recovery from her wounds and a respiratory problem she blossomed. Considering what she went through she is the sweetest little thing and very affectionate with us (not so much with strangers ahaha). She is definitely not thin anymore and is overweight I am afraid, hence the name "fat cat". She is Zack's good buddy and is more like a dog than a cat. She comes when called and always greets you at the door when you come in.
We adopted Molly our little rescue dog on June 7, 2013. They figure she is about 2 years old. We don't know what breed she is and was very scared when we took her in. She came from a hoarder/puppy mill situation and we were told she was almost feral when the rescue group took her in. Zack has helped her come out of her shell so much and now she is so sweet and loveable and way more trusting than she was. She is such a happy little girl and is enjoying the "outside world" I think. We are glad she has joined our family and will update her progress from time to time.
Gone, but never forgotten. My Cavalier King Charles Spaniels and old cat.