AND MOLLY TOO!!

AND MOLLY TOO!!

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Cuddles - The Senior One

I have not blogged about my other cat Cuddles yet, and I think she deserves a blog. I have had her for 13 years and she was half grown when I got her so she must be in her 14th year. A senior for sure. She is such a sweet natured cat, albeit timid, and doesn't have a mean bone in her body.


After the loss of my Cavalier King Charles spaniels in 2008 and the addition of Zack thereafter, it was a bit of a shock to Cuddles system going from sedate, couch potato Cavaliers to a border terrier puppy!! The first few months were not fun for Cuddles she basically ran away from Zack. Over the course of the following months things seem to work themselves out. Cuddles learned if she didn't run Zack would lick her on the face which she seems to enjoy, in turn Cuddles would then bite Zack (with the 3 teeth that she has left- ahaha) on the cheek which for some bizarre reason Zack seems to love. So there was eventually peace and coexistence in the house.



She loves to watch Zack from the back of the couch or on top of his kennel where her blanket is. I am sure she looks at him thinking - "what a little brat" and "stupid kid" - just like an old grandma would sitting on her veranda watching the neighbourhood kids play.



Anyways, she is a dear cat and I hope to have many more years with her.

No comments: